Add the following properties to your java process before starting it up. This will tell it to accept debug connections.
-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=4001,suspend=y2. Connect to Remote JVM through Eclipse
- Go to your Eclipse Debug Configurations and create a new Remote Java Application configuration.
- In Connection Type, choose Standard (Socket Attach).
- Set the host to the machine where your Java application is running.
- Set the port to the debug port specified in the JVM properties e.g. 4001.
- Press Debug to start debugging.