- does not have tabbed conversation windows, which leads to a cluttered desktop and cramped taskbar.
- does not keep conversation history logs. I believe this feature only works if you use Outlook and we use Lotus Notes.
This is how you can install the plugin to use Pidgin for OCS:
- Download and install Pidgin from here.
- Download SIPE from here.
pidgin-sipe-1.8.0.msito install it.
- Start the Pidgin client.
- Add a new Account with the following details:
- Protocol: Office Communicator
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login user: email@example.com
- Password: xpPassword
- On the Advanced tab, tick "Use Kerberos" and untick "Use Single Sign-On".
%APPDATA%\.purple\logs\sipe. You can also add the following useful plugins to Pidgin: